The Documentary Channel® also known as TDC® The Documentary Channel Player® also known as TDC Player®
2. Availability 2.1 Whilst TDC makes every effort to ensure that the service is available, TDC does not warrant or guarantee uninterrupted delivery of the service nor continuous availability. TDC reserves the right to suspend or cease the operation of the service from time to time at their sole discretion.
6. Limitations to the service 6.1 TDC uses reasonable efforts to ensure that all information included on or in the site is accurate and up-to-date TDC does not warrant or promise whether expressly or by implication that any information is or remains accurate, complete and up to date or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance the subscriber places on the information on or in the service is at the subscriber’s own risk. 6.2 The service content is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute technical, financial, legal or any other type of advice and should not be relied upon for any purposes whatsoever.
7. Subscriptions and Rentals
7.1 Only one subscription account may be registered per email address.
7.2 A subscription to TDC Player gives the subscriber access to the platform. Access to view some films on TDC Player are included in the subscription and some require a rental payment.
7.3 To take out a subscription for the service, rent films and/or purchase service extras or products the subscriber must provide a current, valid, payment card. Accepted payment cards are listed at the point of payment.
7.4 The subscriber may register only one payment method at a time on TDC Player. When the subscriber enters details for a payment card and subsequently completes a transaction with it, this payment card becomes the subscriber’s current payment card for the subscription and for rentals and the subscriber authorises TDC to continue billing the payment card until it expires.
7.5 Subscribers can find their subscription history by clicking on the account-link on the site-top navigation bar. 7.6 The subscriber’s TDC Player subscription will start with a free trial. The free trial period of the subscription lasts for 7 days and is offered in order that new subscribers can try-out the service. 7.7 At the end of the free trial period TDC will automatically bill the subscriber’s payment method for the monthly subscription fee unless the subscriber cancels the subscription prior to the end of the free trial period. 7.8 The subscription fee will be billed every month to the subscriber’s payment method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the subscriber’s paid subscription. 7.9 TDC Player subscriptions will continue until terminated by the subscriber. The subscriber authorises TDC to charge the monthly subscription fee to their payment method until the end of the subscription cycle period in which the subscriber cancels the subscription 7.10 TDC will warn the subscriber twice, by email, when the current payment card is near to expiring. When a payment card expires or the subscription charge fails to be settled, due to insufficient funds or for other reasons the service delivery will be suspended until such time as new card details are supplied. In any event the subscriber remains responsible for any uncollected amounts. 7.11 Subscribers may cancel their subscription at any time and will continue to have access to subscription films through to the end of the current billing cycle period. TDC does not provide refunds or credits for any outstanding part-month subscription periods or unwatched films. 7.12 Subscribers may cancel their subscription from the account link on the site-top menu by following the instructions for cancellation. 7.13 TDC may change the prices of rental films and the subscription service from time to time. Planned price changes will be notified on the siteno less than 30 days before the price changes are applied. 7.14 From time to time TDC will change the payment classification of films for example from being “included in the subscription” to being a rental film. This happens, for example, when TDC show prize winners from our documentary film festivals where viewing is included in the subscription fee and which subsequently become rental films. All films “included in the subscription” are labelled as such and should TDC plan to change the classification of any given film it will be notified on TDC Player for at least seven days before the changeover happens.
7.15 Any content viewed through the service, is for the subscriber’s personal and non-commercial use only. 7.16 When the subscriber rents a film or takes out a subscription TDC grant the subscriber a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, licence to access TDC Player and to view films on a streaming-only basis. 7.17 By using the service the subscriber agree not to use the service for public performances. 7.18 The subscriber may access the service and/or watch films only on one device at any one time. 7.19 Once the viewer has rented a film they have 30 days to watch it. Once the viewer starts to watch the film they have 48 hours to complete watching it. If, after either of these two time limits have expired the viewer has not viewed the full film or any part of it the viewer will need to rent the film again to complete the viewing. TDC does not provide refunds or credits for any unwatched films or parts of films.
8. TERRITORIES 8.1 Subscribers may access the service and view rental films in most countries. Films may not be viewable in some countries. A list of embargoed or unconnected countries is available here.
9. AGE RESTRICTIONS 9.1 Subscribers must be 16 years of age at the date of opening the account. 9.2 Viewers under the age of 16 may only view films while supervised by an adult.
10. USAGE RESTRICTIONS UNDER THE LAW 10.1 Subscribers and viewers may only use TDC Player and/or access the service, in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, restrictions on the use of such services or content that apply in the territory where the service is being accessed.
12. HYPERLINKS AND THIRD-PARTY SITES 12.1 The service may contain hyperlinks or references to external third-party websites. Any such hyperlinks or reference is provided for the subscriber’s convenience only. TDC have no control over third-party websites and accepts no responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. 12.2 The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third-party websites products services 12.3 Subscriber’s use of third-party websites will be governed by the terms of that third-party site.
13. WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 13.1 The subscriber agrees that use of the service is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis TDC make no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms whether express or implied in relation to the provision of the service including without limitation as to completeness accuracy currency reliability of any content and information on or in the service or as to satisfactory quality or fitness for particular purpose of the content and/or service. 13.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law TDC excludes all liability whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise which TDC may have to the subscriber as a result of the subscriber relying on any content in or on the site or content related to the service. 13.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law TDC excludes all liability including without limitation direct or indirect losses or damage whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise which TDC may have to the subscriber as a result of: 13.3.1 any error or inaccuracies in any content information or material within or relating to the service and 13.3.2 the unavailability of the service and content for any reason whatsoever. 13.3.3 any representation or statement made on the service and/or within the content presented in or on the site. 13.3.4 the subscriber’s use of or reliance on the service including the downloading of any software, program or information. 13.5 TDC does not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence for any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us on the service or for any other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
15. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS – UNINVITED SUBMISSIONS
15.1 TDC urges the subscriber not to submit any un-invited submissions of whatever nature whether submitted in writing or orally. TDC shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality nor be liable for any use and/or disclosure of such submissions. 15.2 TDC does not invite or encourage the subscriber to submit in writing or orally any project ideas concepts marketing or sales ideas advertising or marketing suggestions patent applications models prototypes film ideas treatments scripts or any other information registered patented or otherwise. 15.3 Any submissions including any un-invited submissions made to us by subscribers in writing or orally will be deemed to be TDC property and TDC will use any such submission in any manner it sees fit.
The Documentary Channel – 1 January 2023